Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread, broken up into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 egg whites
- Dash of salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice, cooked without salt or fat, prepared according to package instructions
- Place chicken breasts into a plastic bag and pound with a mallet until about 1/4" thick. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the bread crumbs, 4 teaspoons of the basil, thyme, egg whites, salt, and celery.
- Spread this stuffing mixture over the chicken breast and roll up, securing with toothpicks.
- Place the chicken rolls and the chicken broth into a skillet.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until chicken rolls are cooked through.
- Add the bouillon.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together, and add to skillet, stirring constantly to thicken.
- Add sour cream and heat through.
- Remove toothpicks and spoon sauce over the chicken.
- Serve over rice and top with remaining basil.
Each serving includes:
- Fat: 9 grams
- Protein: 38 grams
- Carbohydrates: 58 grams
- Total calories: 485