Makes 1 loaf; 14 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Blend together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Blend together beaten egg whites, banana, sugar, and oile in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in flour mixture into the banana mixture, blending only until flour mixture is moistened.
- Spray an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in the pan for approximately 10 minutes, then remove bread from pan and cool it thoroughly on a wire rack.