Still don't know
- It seem that I have always had some type of adverse Reaction to pizza sauces, spicy red sauces of any kind. A 2 years ago I went to the emergency room thinking I was going to have a heart attack, I had chest pains, and didnt just feel right. I was admitted right away when I told them I was having chest pains, and was connected to an EKG where they monitored my heart. Well I don't know about you but when your connected to this monitor and it's beeping and people are rushing in an out of your room my nerves just made things worse and had horrible anxiety. Nothing was found wrong after an hour or so and I was released. Two nights later I was back again, same thing, this time I was told by a co-worker that he had something similar and they gave him some sort of cocktail of antacid. I had to ask for it when I went in the second time but they gave it to me. It seemed to help within a minute or two. Since then it comes and goes and try to take prilosec to control it ... Cont..
- —Guest In Portland Or 43
Finally a Diagnosis
- My daughter had a Nissen Fundoplication as an infant. Because of that, she cannot throw up. She is 19 now and after eating anything she suffers from extreme bloating, chest pain, severe back and stomach pain, difficulty breathing, strong hiccups, nausea and reflux. She had a GI specialist she either had a dead baby inside her or she was about to have a live one. She had every kind of scope and swallow test imaginable. They all came up with nothing. She moved from NY to Cali to get better medical treatment. After another 2 CT's, endo, colonoscopy and barium swallow and even a bogus diagnosis of narcotic gut, the said she has a PARAESOPHOGEAL HERNIA and her Nissen has slipped. She has been tranferred to UCSD to an expert surgeon. However after waiting for two days, they are still trying to decide what to do. She hasn't had food for 5 days and she still has burning in her chest bad enough to require Dilated (100x stronger than morphine). Update to follow. Praying for results!!
- —Guest Dana
what's going on?
- It started Oct.2011 I thought I was having a heart attack, BP was 160/100, something is pounding in my chest, throat and eyes...had ekg,treadmill,24 hr holter,and a vascular & heart sonogram...gave me BP medicine and I quit smoking, but still had that feeling in my throat so after 10 mos. I see ENT specialist, barium swallow shows sliding hiatus hernia ... am taking Chloe's/clid15 and this stop the pounding in chest...finally a good nights sleep, still have to see doctor in one wk to see what's next
- —Guest Norma
- In 3 2010, I started having problem after meals but not every day. Within 1 hour of food ingestion, heart would start to beat very quickly to the point that I would feel faint. It became more frequent until I developed vomiting. I kept on reporting my symptoms to GP. My heart was checked and it was normal. This went on for 12 months. Toward the end, vomiting worsened and my stomach would contract even when I had nothing left to vomit. Terrible nights leaving me exhausted and anxious at swallowing anything. In 3 2011, my GP send me to a gastroenterologist and I had a upper GI. Ulcers in the esophagus, duodenum, stomach, and hiatal hernia found but no H-pylori. Hernia can cause pressure on portal vein, increasing HR. In 5 2011, I started Omeprazole 40mg, twice a day. After a year, I asked to have it reduced to 20 mg, twice a day. Still on it and worried with osteoporosis associated with PPI long term use. 14 months of hell and medical team was unresponsive to my suffering.
- —Guest Leonidas-5555
- I was diagnois with HH, but mines comes from heavy lifting. I have pain on my left side under my rib cage and it feels like muscle spasm, with sharp pain . I dont know what to do!
- —Guest guest
Stomach and upper back tenderness
- I have been having upper back discomfort for awhile along with stomach problems I have a hernia right above my belly button could this be linked?
- —Guest Mike
Pressure in chest and couldn't eat
- One day I was eating brats and fries for dinner. The next, nothing. Felt like a brick in my chest. Trouble swallowing pills. Dizzy. LOTS of pain under my left rib and breastbone area. I have not had typical heartburn symptoms other than stabbing chest pains that started when I couldn't eat. Just diagnosed two days ago after endoscopy. Lost 9 lbs in two weeks because all I could comfortably eat was applesauce, turkey lunch meat and cream of wheat cereal. Nothing but water for three weeks now. Worst for me is the constant pressure and soreness in my chest area. The whole upper left quadrant just feels... USED. Wiped out. Will that ever get better? My doctor sent me home with a little paper and no information about how to really cope with this. I've also had a lot of nausea that comes and goes. Drinking water helps. I take tums before I eat anything. Am not overweight but I was smoking heavily at a pack a day for five years. Quit 1 week before endoscopy.
- —Guest StephanieB
How I treated hiatial hernia.
- My doctors did not help me so I did my own research. I also went to an exellent message therapist/ herbalist. I did self message, took epsome salt baths, ate only watermellon, papaya, cream of wheat, oat meal, mollasses, cinnamon and honey tea, aloe vera juice, pro bios, some small amounts of plain pasta, drank protien shakes, hard boiled eggs, did this because it was the only thing my body would let me eat. In 1 week symptoms were 75% better, the choke was almost gone, my energy was good, and started to have bowel movement again! Oh yea, elevated my bed 7 inches at the head board! I will post more as time goes on. I hope this helps someone. Trust what your body is telling you, don't think your crazy!!!
Please trust yourself!
- Now that I look back on it my symptoms started years ago. It is only now that I found out I have hiatial hernia. The wake up call was when I started choking when I would swallow food, then it became so bad I couldn't even swallow my own spit? I thought I was having alergic reactions to evertything. I went to the doctor for the choking, they did xrays and blood work said I was fine? Then 3 days later I had sharp intense pains in my chest, my breathing was difficult, and my heart was raceing, worse in the morning? So I went back to he doctor she did more tests, incl. an EKG they were all fine? She said it was anxiety...GRRRRRR! The anxiety is what they label you with because they have no other way to explain what is wrong with you. I am a fairly healthy eater, I am very active, 5'3 and 120 pounds at 35 yrs old! I will follow this post with how I treated it sucessfuly through my own research!
- I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia 2 days ago, but I find it weird because I have none of the heartburn symptoms. The GI doctor told me it was odd to see a hiatal hernia in me because I am only 22 years old and I am not overweight. She prescribed me Carafate and the taste is dreadful! I have been having chest pains since the endoscopy 2 days ago and I am calling the endoscopy suite tomorrow to see if this is normal. I am kind of worried because something tells me that it is not only a hiatal hernia... I hope we all get better soon!
- —Guest Ra
Hiatal hernia, GERD, gastric polyps, ulc
- I was diagnosed the winning of 2011 after going to the ER with severe abdominal pain, chest pain, excessive vomitting (every 20 min for 5 days!), severe dehydration and relentless nausea. So far I have been miserable with little help. In the hospital, I'm usually admitted 4-8 days, 7 times last year, they give me protonix, Zophran, dilaudid and tons of fluids. Reglan seems to help the most with the morning nausea and vomitting and or Zophran (ondastateron?) but honestly, when it goes off and I'm not sure what triggers what, I can do nothing but go to the ER and get admitted. I jut found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant, I'm 44 and have high blood pressure to boot. Sadly, no heart beat has been found and they suspect a miscarriage. I go back next week to check again. I am suffering from hyperemesis just like my other two pregnancies and that makes my conditions all the more severe and painful. Any advice is welcome. I do find lying on my left side relieves re nausea slightly but not always.
- —Guest Stacey
Heart Palpitations and Hiatal Hernia
- I found out after having chest pain and upper back pain and not being able to take a deep breath that I had a hiatal hernia thru an xray. I had heart palpitations for the last 3 weeks leading up to this. After taking Zantac and Calfatrate, my pain is all gone and so are the heart palpitations. Thank you Drs. for finding my problems so caringly!!
- —Guest Kimmy
- Hi all i have been diagnosed with a medium sizede hernia i think mine is pretty severe choking in the middle of the knight bloating aching lots of spasms and tired all the time i realy think their is something to the vagus nerv though becouse i am getting pains in my arms and thighs warm sensation that runs down my leg my doctor is wondering if it is just do to the hernia but i believe it is because it all started in my throat had a barium that confirmed hh good luck to you all.
- —Guest winterisbetter
- Hi i feel really sorry for anyone who has the problems related to a hiatus hernia it makes life miserable. Was diagnosed march 2011 had all the symptoms pain under my rib cage burning all the way up to my throat fullness after eating a small amount of food it got so bad that i could only eat porridge for breakfast, low fat greek yogurt mid morning, half a tin of soup for lunch and the other half mid afternoon and then porridge for dinner with blueberries i did that for about a month and lost 1stone in weight. I had gastrscopy and found i had a hernia was put on Lansoprazole 30mg twice a day and a miracle medicine called Kolanticon gel to take every four hours and it works by stopping the stomache going into a spasm helpful if you have ibs it also helps with flatulence and hyper acidity you can buy it at the chemists they may have to order it in for you and it cost about £6 for a large 500ml bottle but it is great and i always have a bottle indoors.
- —Guest suemum3
- I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia a year ago. Lately it has been bothering me alot. The pressure sent me to emerg. My blood pressure also rises and the blood pressure medication doesn't seem to work. I am waiting to have a barium swallow and a stress test. I find that hot drinks make it feel worse. Also fatty foods. I have lost 12 lb. due to not being able to eat a normal meal. Even my seat in the car makes it worse. The position of the seat with the legs higher than the hips causes more pressure on the abdomen. I have added rolled up flyers to the rear of the seat and this has alleviated the pressure. I hope to find some answers other than acid reducers. I sympathize with all the sufferers.
- —Guest Betty