No No to Oreos!
- The worst trigger for me is chocolate--especially Oreos and chocolate pie crust. Also, chocolate chip cookies.
- —Guest Just Me
- Prilosec. I have been taking this for a couple of years now. I have no problem with this horrible, painful inconvenience anymore. One day I stopped taking my medication thinking I was cured. My esophagus burned once again, just like before. One little pill of Prilosec and my burping agonizing pain is gone.
- —Guest Guest T
My GERD triggers...
- I am having this problem for the past one year. I cannot eat anything other than banana and oatmeal. Everything gives me severe volcano kind of burn and chest pain, I lost interest in eating and the word "food" gives me allergy.
- —Guest Victor
My poor tummy
- Wine...i love you but our.relationship is over as well as coffee....why is everything I love bad for me and hurts me..not only food but the men I love....goodbye I need a bland meal and a bland guy:-)
- —Guest Lauren
- I cannot eat tuna, bananas, pickles, olives, pizza (This also means my pizza rolls!), chocolate in an, spaghetti sauce, oranges, kiwi I'm sure there's more that I haven't noticed. I get acid reflex everyday no matter what I eat it seems. On a side note. The BRAT diet is (Bread, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast)
- —Guest Kayla
- I suffer with everthing I eat and drink - So I do not eat very much or drink, still trying to work out my triggers. Will not take medication due to side affects. Watermelon is Ok. No meat of any sort or dairy, no grains. All day all night. Had one morning acid free was like I was on cloud nine. Had this for a year befor doctors worked out what it is. Looking for something to stop the burning. Feel like throwing up when it is really bad. Found walking around helps. Great weight loss.... Funny I had a small drink of red cordial which seemed to help a little. Oh no not red cordial....
- Once I was diagnosed with reflux it answered alot of questions .Why did I always have sinus why had I developed asthma and why did i have trouble swallowing . I know I cannot have any icecream . custards or anything fat or overly spicy or tomatoe base . I have cut back on my coffee drink only herb teas most of the time and sleep propped up . Off my medication now and slowly getting back to normal
- —Guest Robyn
- Apples, bananas & tomato anything is the worst for me. Apple cider vinegar seems to help a cap full in a glass of water. It's only 5% acid but it helps. I guess I'll never get fat from hearing everybody else's complaints
- —Guest Damon
cut out grains!!!
- I tried it all with no relief. Then I cut out grains. I got my life back. I can feast hard on hot sauce and fats. Chicken wings..mbring it on.
- —Guest chad
- Nothing but chocolate gives me heartburn, but wow does it make up for it in intensity. Few minutes after eating plain chocolate on an empty stomach I'm on fire. Very odd considering I eat exceedingly spicy food all the time, love greasy/fried stuff, drink gallons of coffee/red bull, no problem with alcohol, fruit juices, dairy, etc. For some reason, only chocolate does it to me. Sucks but I guess it's good incentive to skip dessert.
- —Guest No Cocoa
laying down and eating!!!
- If you lay on your stomach and eat often your asking for trouble. I feel like I have a lump in my throat and sometimes a regurgitated a little. Early signs of heart burn! No more Chipotle bowls while in bed. AND NO MORE SPAGHETTI and MEATBALLs then going to sleep!
- —Guest miamiroe
Jelly Beans and Red Licorice
- I saw red licorice and jelly beans on the ok food list. Both kill me. Worst of the worst is Mtn. Dew, the love of my life!!
- —Guest Linda
- Oatmeal, cream of wheat, or porridge of any kind. The tougher/thicker it is, the worse it is, but even well-cooked soupy porridge gives me horrible acid reflux. Dried oats, however, like an oatmeal cookie, are fine.
- —Guest Jack Shepherd
beano helps me greatly
- I decided to take some beano when I found out it is an enzyme. It has helped me Seem lately everything gives me heartburn. I decided to try Beano when I learned it is an enzyme . I can eat most anything and not get heartburn. May not work for everyone but works for me.
- —Guest mary fairbanks
Girl on Fire
- Try Brewers Yeast or marmite on wholemeal toast twice a day. I have had a sour stomach for 18 months and this very natural remedy has given me my life back
- —Guest Cathy Roberts