From the article: What You Need to Know About Acid Reflux Disease and GERD
What is the most annoying thing about having GERD for you? For me, it is the food I have to avoid in order not to experience heartburn, some of which is food that I love. What has been your experience? What is your experience?
Gerd has been making me miss breakfast
- Well, nearly every single morning I wake up then get ready for school and I will feel like if I eat anything I will throw up, I sometimes can put down a cup of applesauce or greek yogurt. This has really been hindering my performance, I'm trying to get bigger (muscle/size) but breakfast is a HUGE deal. And I miss it almost everyday... I also get really hungry about 2-3 hours after I wake up, making rather awkward stomach growling noises and have to wait until lunch time. I haven't had any luck researching in forums for an answer to solve my issue. So if by chance, someone knows a way to help this I'd appreciate and email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- —Guest Dakota Aslin
- I recently been having sharp chest pain going from my left side to the right side under my breast. I have very bad shortness of breath that very scary. Makes me feel like I'm going to faint or very dizzy. I went to a urgent care and was prescribed ranitidine and it doesn't work. I don't have any health insurance and can't afford to get really good doctor care supporting three kids alone. I hate Gerd and wish it would go away
- —Guest Tasha
- I have had gerd since I was 10 I had it for a whole year befor it went away but now I'm 15 and it's back. It sucks. It used to be just at night. Feeling like im gonna throw up but never actually doing it. Now it's in the morning and it sucks. I had to leave school today because it was so bad. My parents are pissed and i don't no what to do any more. It just sucks.
- —Guest Jada
- Never knowing what each day brings somedays ok others horrific hate the nausea sore ribs plus all the tests I'm going through its never ending I'm in so much discomfort my right ribs are very sore but all tests show my liver is great x 24 hr ph test next x my thoughts go out to you all x
- —Guest donna
- it started with post nasal drip inward. then the most herrific salty/metalic taste that brought me to a melt down.
- —Guest carol
- i have this GERD for a month now. 1st i consulted to our school doctor she advise me to take omeprazole but i end up having serious nausea and vomitting. That coz me to be dizzy often times. After 3days i consulted. A specialist and advise me to take lazoprasol, hsnb, domperidone, and metoclopramide for two weeks. I feel a little bit fine. But still i want this gerd be cured. I always feel uncomfortable.
- —Guest g-ann
- Chokn all the time feeeln like something is goin 2 happen 2 me just want to get back 2 my normal life n the foods I love n feel good again. Hate it can't take it
- —Guest saajidah
On going GERD for Days after Christmas
- When I get a GERD attack it lasts for days - weeks. The pain starts days after changing my diet. Over Christmas I ate more meat; drank more alcohol and ate other NO NO foods. Now a few days before new year I am curled in a ball in so much pain. My stomach is bloated and I have so much pain. Every day I have taken 80 mg Nexium, Buscopan Co.; Probiotics 9 strain; Valoid for nausea and panado. Still no relief!!!!
- —Guest Jojo
Chest and rib pain
- The hardest part I find living with GERD is the sporadic episodes of chest and rib pain I get. I also suffer from mild anxiety which can make my reflux alot worse then it is. I have stopped taking nexium as I found the chest pain was actually getting worse over time. I find that if I take a somac tablet for 7 days straight that will then give me a few weeks relief.
- —Guest Nyc
- I only now realise that i have GERD. The irritation is unbearable. The coughing when I am just sitting or talking to people is so frustrating. I have this problem now for more than eight months. Please help!
- —Guest Netta
- I have been having these spells for about a year now. A pressure builds up in my chest like a huge burp just sitting there. My arms start to feel a discomfort along with my neck and traps. Finally went to drs to make sure some of huge bad ones weren't heart attacks they were scarey and I'm only 35. The dr said I had gastral reflux. I knew it couldn't be heart attacks because if I burped or cracked my back, chest, or shoulders it seemed to go away. I'm relieved that it wasn't something more severe but it still sucks to deal with this like someone else said you don't know if your going to have a good day or bad day. And anxiety and stress makes it that much worse. Can't really drink alcohol anymore and eat certain foods. Dr also said to see a cognitive therapist because when this started I'mucky to get 6 hours sleep it's impossible to fall asleep so the therapist is suppose to help with the insomnia. Before this I never went to the dr now I feel like I'm a hypochondriac with all symptoms
- —Guest Jeff
- For the last month every night I wake with a burning in my throat, feeling like I've been sick and struggling to breath. I have had mild acid build up for years but nothing even close to this, the first few times it happen it scared the hell out of me because it felt like I was drowning, but I put down to eating latter than normal and going to bed to soon, so I started to make changers in my eating times hoping that might help, but its got worse. I've tryed sleeping more upright, cutting out spicy foods and cutting right down on alcohol, no help at all. After a really bad night I spend most of the next day with really bad cramps in my chest and stomach, feeling sick for 3 to 5 hours, really nasty sick burps and the worse bad breath ever. I have looked on the Internet and taken other peoples advice in ways to control it but nothing has worked so I've just made a appointment at the doctors. I totaly hate this and want it gone for good or at the very least under control.
- —Guest Unorthodox joe
throat driveing me crazy
- this mucus in the throat feeling like you cant swallow is awful!!!!! wake up in the morning with it horrible taste in my mouth the nausea!!!! Iam on my 2nd day of prilosec and pepcid ac no relief yet!! hot tea and honey seems to take the edge off but its still there! any suggestions?
- —Guest wendy
I hate GERD and want it to go away!!!!!
- I hate the dietary limitations (I've been on this super strict diet for 4 months). Every time I try "unsafe" food for several days I get a flare-up. I want to be able to eat whatever I want, wherever I want, without having to check for all the things I can't eat because I have GERD. I'm sick of the stomach burning first thing in the morning and the horrible nausea and vomiting. I really hate it when GERD WAKES ME UP IN THE MORNING (way before I'm supposed to be up). Why do I need to get at least 7.5 hours of sleep in order to not to get the morning flare-ups? This makes waking up for class extremely difficult! I'm really sick of all the meds I need to take to make GERD go away. I want to be able to go on fun rides (e.g. roller coasters, zorbing, etc. , but with GERD I doubt that I can (I don't want the ride to upset my stomach) :(.
- —Guest ihategerd
A slave to the pain:(
- A constant sour stomach, like morning sickness...sometimes for a month:(
- —Guest Nika
1-15 of 61Next