Heartburn episodes can be reduced, and in some cases prevented from occurring, by making some lifestyle changes, and following a few tips.
Do you know how to prevent heartburn? Take this quiz and test your knowledge on heartburn prevention. It will also explain along the way what steps you can take to prevent heartburn.
Tips for preventing heartburn
1. What to Eat
2. Dining Out
Check out these 10 Most Common Treatment Options For Heartburn / Acid Reflux. When you suffer from chronic heartburn, whether it's caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or some other digestive disorder, it's important to know how to treat the heartburn. Untreated acid reflux may lead to complications, including esophageal cancer.
4. Set a Routine
Take your medication at the same time every day. If you take medication to treat your heartburn, it is very important to take your medication every day. If you are prone to forgetting, leave yourself a note to remind you or take your medication when you do another daily activity that you don't forget doing, such as brushing your teeth or washing your face.
How much do you know about preventing heartburn? Test your knowledge and get tips on preventing heartburn with the Prevent Heartburn quiz!
- Heartburn symptoms that need medical attention.
- GERD screening quiz
- Heartburn-safe diet
- Lifestyle changes for preventing heartburn
- Over-the-counter remedies
- Prescription medications
- Safe foods for heartburn sufferers
- Foods to avoid
- Foods to eat in moderation
- Stress and heartburnSmoking and heartburn
- Alcohol and heartburn
- Heartburn record
- Heartburn and dining out
- Preventing nighttime heartburn
- Top 10 Heartburn Prevention Tips
- 14 Tips On How to Prevent Heartburn During Pregnancy
- 6 Steps To Preventing Heartburn-related Complications
- Heartburn-free Recipes
- Heartburn-friendly meal plans
- Books on creating the acid reflux diet