- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly grated pepper to taste (optional)
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup milk, and flour in a small mixing bowl. Beat until well blended. Slowly pour in remaining 1 cup milk and beat until smooth.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large, nonstick sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the milk mixture and continue to heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese, adding salt and pepper to taste if desired.
This recipe makes 2 cups of sauce.
Serving suggestion: Serve 1/3 cup of sauce over 1 cup of fettuccine noodles.