If you don't want plain pork chops, but the usual recipes for the meat give you heartburn, try this recipe that will give you the variety without the burn. A flavorful meal without being spicy. The recipe can be customized to your tastes by adding extra ingredients, such as vegetables.
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours
- 8 large pork chops or steaks, with bones
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Fresh chopped parsley as garnish
- Place pork chops into a glass baking dish and sprinkle on salt.
- Drizzle apple cider over the chops.
- Sprinkle on oregano.
- Place bay leaves between a couple of the chops.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade and brown lightly on both sides, then replace chops into the baking dish with the marinade.
- Pour in chicken broth, cover baking dish with foil, and bake for 2 hours or until the meat is very tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.