Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 6 oz lean boneless pork chops
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, cooked
- In mixing bowl mix together the applesauce, ginger, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray onto a large skillet.
- Over medium heat, add vegetable oil.
- When the oil is hot add the pork chops and brown on both sides for about 7-8 minutes.
- Ladle applesauce mixture over the pork chops.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer over a low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the pork chops are thoroughly cooked through, and are tender.
- Serve with rice.