Pasta prepared with low sodium chicken broth and low sodium, lean ham helps make this hearty main dish heartburn-friendly.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 12 ounces pasta (any type), uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 14.5 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 4 ounces lean, low-sodium boiled ham, thinly sliced and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan heat over medium heat.
- Pour in the broth, then stir in the basil, and cook for 3 minutes, or until it just starts to boil.
- Pour pasta into a large colander to drain. Return the pasta to the pan and pour in the broth.
- Add ham to pasta and toss well to combine. Cook for about 2 minutes over medium-high heat, or until piping hot.
- Grated Parmesan cheese can be added when pasta is served, if desired.