Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (at least 90% lean)
- 14 oz. can beef broth
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- Dash of dried thyme
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz. rotini pasta, cooked without salt or fat (prepared according to package directions)
- Combine lean ground beef, 2 tablespoons of the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Mix well, and then shape into 24 small meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a broiler pan sprayed with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat source for 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place meatballs in a skillet, and add the remaining beef broth and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch and add to meatballs, cooking 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over hot rotini pasta.
Each serving includes:
- Fat: 11 grams
- Protein: 31 grams
- Carbohydrates: 51 grams
- Total calories: 431