Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast, pounded flat
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup shredded, low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup long-grain white rice, cooked without salt or fat (prepared according to package instructions)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place chicken breasts between plastic wrap and pound flat, until they are about ½" thick.
- Place chicken breasts on a platter and evenly sprinkle with salt.
- Spread mozzarella cheese evenly over chicken breasts.
- Roll the breasts, and seal the edges with toothpicks.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick vegetable cooking spray, add vegetable oil, and place over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken rolls and cook 2 minutes on each side until browned.
- Place chicken rolls in a small baking dish sprayed with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- Top rolls with parsley.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Each serving includes:
- Fat: 7 grams
- Protein: 39 grams
- Carbohydrates: 40 grams
- Total calories: 350