Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 4 slice whole-wheat bread
- 4 tsp low-fat margarine
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a small square baking dish with nonstick spray, and set aside.
- Cut the crust off the bread and set aside (do not discard).
- Spread both sides of bread lightly with margarine.
- Cut bread in half diagonally to make triangles. Then stand them up the sides around the edges of the baking dish.
- Cut the breast crusts into 1/2-inch cubes and spread them on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the chicken cubes and cheese over the bread cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour over the chicken and cheese in the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until eggs are set, and top is golden and puffy.
Each serving includes:
- Fat: 17 grams
- Protein: 31 grams
- Carbohydrates: 16 grams
- Total calories: 346