This recipe is simple and, more importantly, heartburn-friendly.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak, cut across the grain in 1/8" strips
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz fettuccini pasta, cooked without salt or fat
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick vegetable spray and then add 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil, heating over a medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add beef strips and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until beef is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add basil, oregano, and salt. Add beef strips back to the skillet.
- Cover and shimmer for a few minutes, until heated through.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir to mix well.
- Serve beef mixture over hot fettuccini pasta.