If you have been diagnosed with a digestive disorder, whether it it is GERD, a hiatal hernia, a peptic ulcer, gallstones, or some other condition, you and your doctor will discuss treatment. In the majority of cases, treatment will begin in a "natural" way with dietary changes and lifestyle modifications. And many patients prefer a alternative home treatment instead of using drugs such as antacids, H2 blockers, and proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).
What more can we do? This book presents information on how to deal with digestive disorders in a natural, non-drug way. The more information we have, the easier it will be to understand how we may be able to deal with these disorders without medication.
- Shows how the digestive system works, and what can happen to cause problems
- Programs for correcting common digestive problems without using drugs
- Shows how to use diet, exercise, and mind-body and breathing techniques to help correct digestive problems
- Suggested treatments for various digestive disorders, including heartburn, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, ulcers, and gallbladder disease
- Steps given to show how a person can create a diet that is healthy, but also designed for a person's physical makeup, his or her likes and tastes, and his or her digestive problems
- Some of the thoughts put forth may be controversial, such as the recommendation on flushing out the gallbladder by drinking a pint of olive oil when a person gets up in the morning, and before he or she goes to bed at night.
- There may be some confusion among some readers as to the benefits of the described massage and hand techniques that are directed toward the feet.
- Title: Healthy Digestion the Natural Way: Preventing and Healing Heartburn, Constipation, Gas, Diarrhea, Inflammatory Bowel and Gallbladder Diseases, Ulcers, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and More
- Author: D. Lindsey Berkson
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (February 14, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471349623
- ISBN-13: 978-0471349624
Chapters in the Book
ALL ABOUT DIGESTION
- Understanding Your Digestion.
- Fiber, Water, and Intestinal Exercises: Secrets to Healthy Digestion.
- Intestinal Protectors.
- Using Your Mind-Body Link to Maximize Digestive Wellness.
- Easy Ways to Get Rid of Gas and Bloating.
- What to Do about Heartburn.
- Causes and Treatments of Constipation.
- Easy Treatments for Diarrhea.
- Keys to Overcoming Diverticular Disease.
- Easy Prevention and Cure of Hemorrhoids.
- Natural Answers for Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- New Treatments for Peptic Ulcer and Inflamed Stomach.
- Healing Gallbladder Disease.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Other Causes of Intestinal Pain.
- Intestinal Invaders: Parasites.
- The Candida-Related Complex.
- The Intestinal Tract and Serious Disease: Colorectal Cancer and AIDS.
- Finding and Healing Your Food Allergies.
- Using Your Power Tools: Digestive Enzymes.
- Detoxification and Rebuilding Programs.
Guide Review: Healthy Digestion the Natural Way
Many people are eager to seek out natural remedies for heartburn. While there are available drug treatment options, whether it's over the counter or prescription medications, they want to try at-home natural remedies for heartburn may have an appeal -- especially if they have been on medication for some time.
Healthy Digestion provides some good information for those persons who want to explore using such things as herbs to treat their digestive problems. However, the author makes no promises that this information will solve the reader's particular digestive problem. You may want to supplement the information you find in this book with information you gather from your own research. And don't be hesitant to talk to your doctor.