1. Health
Sharon Gillson

Getting Quick Heartburn Relief

By February 26, 2012

Whether you suffer from heartburn once a month or once a week, there are times when you want quick relief from that burning sensation. Here are a few quick relief options:

Comments
March 16, 2011 at 12:18 am
(1) Gert says:

I personally chew sugarless gum and take Maalox Advanced maximum strength. Four teaspoonsful work like a charm.

I chew fruit sensational gum.

Sincerely.

Gert McMillian

October 30, 2011 at 6:45 pm
(2) Rory says:

Soda just make it worst
I use to drink milk

March 5, 2012 at 8:38 pm
(3) ruth says:

The only thing I have found that works for the intense chest pains to the little stomach upset is quality ice cream.
I know it sounds crazy, but for the last 5 years I have use good, quality ice cream, usually plain (vanilla, choc or straw). You know the ones with only 5 ingredients and no artificial stuff added.
I tried to get healthy ice cream, i.e…low fat, yogurt, even soy, but none worked at all, just good old fashion ice cream. Luckily I don’t need more than a few spoonfuls, about 1/4 cup or less. It has always worked right away and usually the heartburn doesn’t come back until the next day.
I have taken all kinds of heartburn medicines and most don’t work or stop working after 6 months. Also, have tried natural/herbal stuff which will stop working too.
I have been pretty good with diet which has help a lot so I don’t need ice cream everyday or evening.
Well, I hope this can work for others, so, go out there and get yourself some good, full fat, ice cream.

April 20, 2012 at 9:02 am
(4) Lucy says:

I have heart burn all the time n it drives me mad.i always drink milk n that works.

April 25, 2012 at 10:19 am
(5) Hannah says:

Sugarless gum works like a charm. Yogurt and milk are great too.

October 2, 2012 at 5:13 pm
(6) Laura says:

I was recommended Tahini (a middle eastern ingredient that they put in houmous, it’s like peanut butter but made with sesame seeds instead of peanuts) by my uncle.

Sometimes I get really really severe., acute heartburn, but a few spoonfuls of this Tahini and the relief is almost immediate. I just had a terrible attack for half an hour, before I remembered that I had some tahini in the cupboard and then it completely went away.

Sometimes milk works, especially for acid reflux, but not if the heartburn is to severe.

October 23, 2012 at 1:31 am
(7) LeAnn says:

Baking soda!! Works faster than anything else that I’ve tried. It sounds gross but it will make it stop like yesterday!! Mix a teaspoon of it with a little bit of warm water and drink it. Soonyou’ll be belching away your heartburn!!

October 25, 2012 at 9:14 pm
(8) Michelle says:

Baking soda/Bicarbonate of soda is the only thing that gets rid of it for me, I’m suffering right now and would love a teaspoon of it in a small glass of water but I’ve run out!!!!!

November 27, 2012 at 6:29 am
(9) Elijah says:

On a chemical and biological level, baking soda is by far your best method of relief.

April 1, 2013 at 11:45 pm
(10) Charles says:

Ive been suffering… nothing works.. milk vinegar baking soda.. bread… omg this is just painful

April 6, 2013 at 10:03 pm
(11) Steve says:

Something That Has Worked For Me Is Licorice. They Have It In Chewable Form At The Health Food Stores. You Can Also Try Nux Vomica, a Homeopathic Remedy.

April 8, 2013 at 11:11 am
(12) munira says:

Also, Rye bread works well!

April 14, 2013 at 1:33 pm
(13) Ed says:

I get heartburn 90% of the time. Even in the morning without eating anything yet, just a glass of water. Some ranging from mild to severe. Apple cider vinegar works great but sometimes I have to take other meds like Tums.

Next time, gonna try milk.

April 29, 2013 at 9:19 am
(14) Kaela says:

Got to work today had the worst heartburn of my life and no antacids with me. Popped in a piece of sugar free gum and my heartburn was gone within a minute.

Sooo fantastic.

April 29, 2013 at 12:23 pm
(15) Will says:

I tried the baking soda trick last night and it tastes awful but within seconds I was belching but felt better within minutes

June 9, 2013 at 1:18 pm
(16) Joel Joseph says:

Yogurt based buttermilk also serves to relief
the system from the menacing acids which
contribute to heart burn.
While warm milk with its lactose content may
add to acid formation; cold milk free from
lactose can be a major relieving agent Though one is advised against taking citrus
fruits in cases of heartburn for adding to the
acid formation, natural juices of fruits such
as pear, mango, papaya and guava are
indeed beneficial for cases of heartburn. The
juice extracted from the mentioned fruits
serve to cool stomach which in turn relieves
heart burn.

June 21, 2013 at 1:55 am
(17) Kim says:

Eat a apple it works in 5 minutes

July 1, 2013 at 10:49 pm
(18) Samantha says:

I’ve been up for 2 hours now and have tried everything. Nothing is working and it hurts so much I feel like crying!

July 17, 2013 at 7:37 pm
(19) Rully says:

I think a glass of milk can reduce heartburn relief. milk with low fat

August 1, 2013 at 3:23 am
(20) Nnzh says:

Lots of plain water helps.if its heartburn/gastric.
However, if the pain is too severe,like mine(causes me to vomit,lasts for more than 4 hours,couldnt even straighten my body)went to the dr to find that my gallbladder is swollen.(no stones)
Had it removed,now i dont have any more pain.but i found out pain usually triggered if i eat too much red meat n fat or steaks.

August 30, 2013 at 6:14 pm
(21) Lynn says:

I tried cream cheese, plain with nothing added to it. Works great. Might need two spoonfuls.

February 12, 2014 at 3:43 am
(22) jayne says:

I had heart burn and in my back for 16 hours none stop it was so painful I was crying I was readt to call the doctor but fell asleep with the pain tried every thing nothing worked