I have tried the Medcline System for review. Does it help nighttime heartburn symptoms? Learn what I found out in this Review article on the Medcline System.
How does this product work? Here are a few points:
- The structure of the Medcline System promotes ergonomic arm placement in a "pocket" that relieves nearly all pressure from your down-side arm and shoulder
- The incline of the System raises your upper body 15-20 degrees that has been shown to be an optimal height to relieve reflux symptoms
- With the downside arm in this pocket, which Medcline calls the CRADLE-LOC™ design, holds you while on your side, and helps prevent you from sliding down
- The body pillow not only supports your upper arm, it also helps keep you in your side position
- The materials make the Medcline System very comfortable to sleep on
Nearly 8 in 10 heartburn sufferers will experience heartburn at night. And when people suffer from nighttime heartburn, it is recommended that they elevate their heads and shoulders while sleeping. Why does this help? Elevating your head while sleeping helps keep stomach contents where they belong--in your stomach. The wedges and bed modifications listed here can help with keeping you at a slant while sleeping.
Nearly eight in 10 heartburn sufferers experience symptoms at night. But staying up all night to fend off heartburn isn't practical. Here are several lifestyle and food tips to help you feel better and get a good night's rest -- free of heartburn.
Why is heartburn more dangerous at night? There are several reasons this may be the case, and why heartburn sufferers should take precautions. You can read this article on Nighttime Heartburn May Be Dangerous.
Additional recommended reading:
There are many remedies that are used to treat chronic heartburn (acid reflux). These include both prescription and over-the-counter remedies. Now you can learn what the most commonly used remedies for heartburn are, and what they do, by referring to the following charts:
- Talking to Your Doctor About Your Heartburn
- Do You Always Need Medication to Control Your Heartburn?
- Medications Used for Treating Heartburn
- Using Acid Reflux Medications Wisely
- Tips for Seniors on the Safe Use of Acid Reflux Medications
GERD isn't just an adult's disease. I was diagnosed with GERD when I was in my 30's. My grandson was diagnosed with GERD when he was 6 months old.
Because children and infants can also have GERD, it's important to know know what symptoms to look for:
Many times child's doctor may base a diagnosis of acid reflux on your child's symptoms, medical history, and a physical examination. Sometimes, however, diagnostic tests are needed:
Once a diagnosis has been made, treatment will begin. The age of your child will determine what course of treatment is used:
Daily menu featuring heartburn-friendly foods and recipes. The menus in http://heartburn.about.com/od/dailymenus/fl/Acid-Reflux-Diet-Daily-Menus.htm contain foods I've found that are safe for me to eat as a GERD sufferer.These are ideal for those individuals on a heartburn diet. Suggestions for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks are given. Each dinner menu shown here gives an Entree with a link to the recipe for its preparation, along with suggestions for side dishes. To see these menus, you can read this article with these heartburn-friendly daily menus.
If you are one of these people who suffer from heartburn whenever you eat certain foods, you may want to consider starting your own GERD diet. The menus in this article contain foods I've found that are safe for me to eat as a GERD sufferer. These are suggestions only, and not the only foods you may be able to eat. You can add or subtract foods according to your preferences and what may or may not be your heartburn triggers. To see this menus, you can read this article on heartburn friendly breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus.
Weekly Menus for the Acid Reflux Diet:
If you would like to see these meals used in weekly menus, along with lunch, dinner, and snack suggestions, try these links:
You can receive information in your email inbox that will give you information on heartburn menu plans with recipes, how to prevent heartburn, and strategies and tips on living with heartburn. Sign up for your heartburn e-course today!
Dining out in a restaurant can be a different story. There isn't a separate section on any menu that lists Anti-reflux Foods or an icon by the dishes on the menu that are heartburn friendly. However, as it was a process at home to learn what foods you find are your heartburn safe foods and which foods you have to limit, you can eat out without experiencing heartburn by planning ahead and knowing what to ask for. Learn the steps you can take to have a heartburn-free experience by reading this article on How Can I Eat Out Without Heartburn?
- Symptoms of Heartburn
- Causes of Heartburn
- Foods Heartburn Sufferers Should Avoid
- Meal Planning Tips for Heartburn Sufferers
- Quick Tips for Preventing heartburn
- Antacids for the Treatment of Heartburn
- H2 Blockers for the Treatment of Heartburn
- Proton Pump Inhibitors for the Treatment of Heartburn
- Home Remedies for Treating Heartburn